Friday, March 10, 2023

Golang setup PATH

Quite recently we startet in the company to use and write some Go programs. I love Go. It's easy to learn, read and modify.

One of the most interesting programs, that (I did not start, but) I'm developing on is an HTTP-Tunnel, that I modified for our needs. Initially it was just because the original author did not work on it anymore, and did not accept any of my pull requests, but meanwhile I really like it.

However, the main reason for this blog post is to show my path configuration for go on mac

export GOPATH=$HOME/go
export GOBIN=$GOPATH/bin
# Homebrew
export GOROOT="$(brew --prefix golang)/libexec"
# Manual install
# export GOROOT=/usr/local/go
export PATH=$PATH:$GOPATH/bin
export PATH=$PATH:$GOROOT/bin

Hope this helps you to Go :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Golang setup PATH

Quite recently we startet in the company to use and write some Go programs. I love Go. It's easy to learn, read and modify. One of the m...